Loma Rica /

   Browns Valley

        Fire Department

HOME

MEETINGS

AGENDAS

MINUTES

 

ALL THINGS FINANCIAL

BUDGET

5 YR PLAN

STATE FEE

LOMA RICA STATION #61

11485 LOMA RICA ROAD

BROWNS VALLEY STATION #62

9471 BROWNS VALLEY SCHOOL RD.

CONTACT US
Loma Rica / Browns Valley Community Services District
Regular Meeting:  May 18, 2009
 

MINUTES

 
 
Item 1)  Meeting Call To Order:
 
A) Roll Call:    Present –Battaglia, Kattuah, Stipp 
Absent- Barajas, Ford
B) Pledge of Allegiance
 
   Item 2) Public Communications: None
 
Item 3) Approve Minutes:
 
A)    Minutes For Regular Meeting of April 20, 2009
Motion to Approve: Kattuah   Second: Battaglia
 
Item 4) Accounting:
 
A) Warrants:   No discussion at this time
 
B) Financials: No discussion at this time.  Accountant Deborah Brooks was absent.
 
Item 5) Hallwood Station- Curt Willigis
Curt Willigis presented to the board the proposal of operating a station jointly.  The station would be on the corner of Kibbe Road and Lincoln Road.  The presence of a station would allow homeowners in District 10 receive a better ISO rating.  Marysville Department would provide a volunteer and the District would provide the equipment.  The Cordua District would run the facility.  The board requested to meet with the Hallwood Board to work an agreement on use.
 
Item 6) Chief’s Report
Captain Steve Robinson reported on behalf of Cal Fire. Captain Robinson reported that the District started staffing engines the week of May 11, 2009. Captain Wendye Stuller has been down in Santa Barbara.  He also reported that they had 36 calls for the month of April.  Engine 61 and the water tender will be going in for maintenance after May 25th.
 
Item 7) General Manager’s Report
General Manager Cerf reported that she and Accountant Brooks would begin to start working on the 2009-2010 budget.
 
 
Item 8) Station 63
 
A)      The station 63 committee met with Richard Alvarado on May 13, 2009. The committee asked him if he would be able to help with guidance on funding the project, finding an appropriate architect and construction firm.  Richard Alvarado will get a letter to the District about his fee.  Chairperson Stipp has General Manager Cerf to write up a Request For Proposal for bids from architects.
 
B)      Initiate board action as deemed necessary- none at this time.
 
Item 9) GIS/GPS grant-Captain Robinson will be starting inspections in the next week and will get the appropriate signs out where needed.  He will also paint BVID pipes blue and place reflector tape on them.
 
Item 10) Correspondence-none
 
Item 11) Board and Staff Members Report   -none
 
Adjourned 8:10 p.m.
 
Respectfully Submitted:
 
 
Cathy Kattuah- District Vice-Chairperson