Loma Rica /

   Browns Valley

        Fire Department

HOME

MEETINGS

AGENDAS

MINUTES

 

ALL THINGS FINANCIAL

BUDGET

5 YR PLAN

STATE FEE

LOMA RICA STATION #61

11485 LOMA RICA ROAD

BROWNS VALLEY STATION #62

9471 BROWNS VALLEY SCHOOL RD.

CONTACT US

Loma Rica / Browns Valley Community Services District

Regular Meeting:  October 19, 2009

 

MINUTES

 

 

Item 1)  Meeting Call To Order:

 

A) Roll Call:    Present –Battaglia, Barajas, Biggs, Kattuah, Stipp 

 

B) Pledge of Allegiance

 

  Item 2) Public Communications: None

 

Item 3) Approve Minutes:

 

A)    Minutes For Regular Meeting of September 21, 2009

Motion to Approve: Barajas  Second: Battaglia

 

B)    Minutes For Special Meeting of October 17, 2009

Motion to Approve: Battaglia  Second: Barajas

       

Passed unanimous voice vote         

 

Item 4) Accounting:

 

A) Warrants:  Warrant Detail Sheet provided by General Manager Cerf via e-mail; Chairperson Stipp inquired about volunteer retirement reimbursement.  General Manager Cerf explained that it is $400 per year for each volunteer and it is a defined benefit.  Volunteers must be with the District for 10 years of service in order to receive $50 per year when in retirement.

 

B) Financials: No discussion at this time.

 

C)    Repair copy machine

Copy machine needs a new drum; we were advised the machine still has many years left and it would be cheaper to repair than to replace.

Motion to repair copy machine: Kattuah  Second: Barajas

Vote: Battaglia, Barajas, Biggs, Kattuah, Stipp-aye 

 

Item 5) Chief’s Report- Capt. Wendye Stuller

As of November 1, 2009 the fire season will be officially over and the Amador contract will come into affect. Permit burning is being allowed now and on November 2, 2009 burning permits will not be required. 

 

Item 6) Volunteer Report

A)    Disposition of outdated turnouts- Outdated turnouts will be donated to Yuba College to use in the fire program.

Motion to donate outdated turnouts: Kattuah  Second: Barajas

Passed unanimous voice vote

 

 

Item 7) General Manager’s Report

General Manager Cerf reported that there would be an end of summer BBQ in Dobbins.  She had forwarded the email flyer on to all board members.  General Manager Cerf reminded the board  nominations for Chairperson and Vice Chairperson would take place at the November meeting. Positions will begin with the December meeting.

 

Item 8) Residential Program- Capt. Robinson

 

A)    Discuss residential program- Capt Robinson would like to start a volunteer residential program this winter to supplement staffing on the engine. The goal is to have one additional person on the engine 7 days a week.  Residents will work a minimum of 72 hours per month in 12 or 24-hour shifts. The district would then pay for up to $1500 of training per resident through the NEU training center.  There will be a maximum of 10 resident firefighters.

 

B)    Revise Admin Manual.  Capt Robinson provided the board with the revision for the admin manual.

 

C)    Initiate Board Action

Motion to adopt volunteer resident program: Kattuah  Second: Battaglia

Vote: Battaglia, Barajas, Biggs, Kattuah, Stipp-aye 

 

Item 9) Proposition 1A Securitization

A)    Discuss county proposal with Cal Communities JPA state monetary borrowing- Board discussed the option of joining Cal Communities JPA and what the benefits would be.

B)    Resolution- was not signed

C)    Motion to not adopt acceptance of Cal Communities JPA: Kattuah  Second: Barajas

Passed unanimous voice vote

 

Item 10) Hallwood Station

A)    Discuss administrative updates/Hold Harmless contract

The Districts attorney wants Curt Williges to write Hold Harmless Contract instead of LRBV writing it.  Districts attorney would like to review contract before District signs it.

B)    Initiate board action as deemed necessary- hold until next meeting

 

Item 11) Discuss Station 63-continuation

A)    Discuss and hire one firm from interviews conducted October 17, 2009

Board determined firm to hire is GRA.  General Manager Cerf will ask Richard Alvarado to contact GRA to let them know.

B) Discuss next steps- Board determined budget for the entire project including architecture fee is $700,000.  Board will meet with GRA to discuss contract and their fee.    Chairperson Stipp has contacted Wally Herger’s office in regards to the possibility of grant to help construct Station 63.

 

Item 12) Correspondence-None

 

Item 13) Board and Staff Members Report

Chairperson Stipp attending the JPA meeting on September 30, 2009 and that there was not much to discussion at the meeting.

 

Adjourned 9:15 p.m.

 

Respectfully Submitted:

 

Cathy Kattuah- District Vice-Chairperson