Loma Rica /

   Browns Valley

        Fire Department

HOME

MEETINGS

AGENDAS

MINUTES

 

ALL THINGS FINANCIAL

BUDGET

5 YR PLAN

STATE FEE

LOMA RICA STATION #61

11485 LOMA RICA ROAD

BROWNS VALLEY STATION #62

9471 BROWNS VALLEY SCHOOL RD.

CONTACT US
Loma Rica / Browns Valley Community Services District
Regular Meeting:  April 15, 2013
 

Amended MINUTES

 
 
 
Item 1)  Meeting Call To Order:
 
A) Roll Call:    Present:  Biggs, Birney, Gravelle, Kattuah     Excused Absence:   Kinkle
 
Item 2) Public Communications:  None
 
   Item 3) Approve Minutes:
 
A)    Minutes For Regular Meeting of March 25, 2013
 
Motion to Approve:  Gravelle                               Second:   Birney
 
      Passed unanimous voice vote   
 
Item 4) Accounting
 
A)    Financials—no discussion (Accountant not available due to tax season)
 
B)    Warrants—no discussion
 
Item 5) Chief’s Report
 
A)    Captain Robinson has picked up the switch for the network ports Friday but has not yet installed it
 
B)    Captain Robinson reported he does not yet have the State-approved firewall hardware switch
 
C)    Captain Robinson informed the Board that the equipment maintenance will start the end of May or early June
 
D)    Captain Robinson reported the status of inventory of equipment is ongoing, he needs to review to see what still needs to be completed.  Still need inventory list form Accountant Brooks for reference.
 
E)     Labeling, purging, shredding of documents:  GM Poggi has contacted the District’s attorney and is waiting to hear back on what information is sensitive and need to be secured/restricted.  Once determined, the Board will need to draft a policy—GM Poggi to contact local fire departments do see if they have something we can use as a template.  Access by Board members will need to be defined
 
The door to the file room will remain locked when GM Poggi is out of the office.
 
GM Poggi to contact the service department for the copier to determine password to protect scans already in the system—and also to determine if scanned documents can be purged.
 
Item 6) Volunteer’s Report—David Lopez
 
A)    The District’s volunteers are preparing for the upcoming wild fire season
 
B)    Yuba-Sutter Training Officers Association is holding a volunteer academy (began last weekend).  Two volunteers are supposed to attend—lasting five Saturdays through June—there is no cost to attendees.
 
Item 7) General Manager’s Report
 
A)    Recliners:  tabled
 
B)    Update on sale of retired water tender: 
 
Motion to approve posting of ads to receive bids for retired water tender in the Appeal-Democrat, Sacramento Bee and Territorial Dispatch total not to exceed $500 made by Birney, Second:  Gravelle
 
Voice Vote:  Biggs, Birney, Gravelle, Kattuah – Aye     Absent:  Kinkle
 
C)    Administrative Manual:  this change was requested by the previous GM—no update is necessary
 
D)    Addition of Policy Pg 28 to Admin Manual re District website
 
E)     Volunteer Awards and Recognitions—hasn’t been done since 1997, as many volunteers do not stay long enough to receive length of service awards (mainly due to moving outside of district).  Possibly look at amending Operations Manual to reflect awards for fewer years of service?  Board members to provide suggestions at the May meeting.
 
F)     Review new Amador contract:  reviewed changes from the 7/1/2010 – 6/30/2013 contract to the proposed contract for 7/1/2013 – 6/30/2016.  We should receive the final version from the State in June. Director Gravelle said it was inappropriate to discuss the contract due to the date errors on the agenda---need to put on June agenda.
 
Item 8) Purchase of District software for the webpage—tabled
 
Item 9) Marysville Fire use of Foothill Frequency:  Director Biggs informed the Board that the Foothill Joint Powers Agency is holding a special meeting on April 17th to vote on Cal Fire’s request to move Marysville Fire Department’s Dispatch to the Foothill Fire Net Frequency.  The Board determined it should vote in agreement with the move.
 
Item 10) Closed Meeting to discuss Personnel matters
 
A)    Chairperson Kattuah closed the meeting at 8:45pm
 
B)    Chairperson Kattuah opened the meeting at 9:20pm and announced that the Board needs to set goals for employee(s), with a written evaluation after six months and then annually—including hours expected to work.
 
Item 11) Board and Staff Members’ Reports—none
 
 
 
Adjourned 9:23 p.m.
 
Respectfully Submitted:
 
Kim Biggs – District Vice-Chairperson