Loma Rica / Browns Valley Community Services District
Regular Meeting: April 20, 2015
Item 1) Meeting Call To Order:
A) Roll Call: Present: Biggs, Gravelle, Kattuah, Kinkle; Absent: Birney (excused)
Item 2) Public Communications: None
Item 3) Approve Minutes:
- Minutes For Regular Meeting of March 16, 2015
- Director Gravelle noted Item 7 should reflect that the credit card will be from Pacific
Pride/Lakeview and questioned if Item 8 should reflect that investigation into obtaining a
Motion to Approve minutes with corrections noted: Kinkle Second: Gravelle
Aye—Biggs, Gravelle, Kattuah, Kinkle; Absent—Birney
Item 4) Accounting
- Financials: Chairperson Kattuah asked Accountant Brooks to verify mitigation funds-
- currently $40,700 (line item 1050 on combined Balance Sheet). It was also noted that
adjustments may need to be made to vehicle maintenance fees due to major issues with
the Attack—GM Poggi to research recent expenses to see of overage due to repairs for
damage by CalFire employee not yet reimbursed by the State.
- Warrants: Discussed CalFire reimbursement for water tender (for SRA wildfires) paid to
- Volunteers Mota and Tully—tabled for May meeting for further explanation by Chief
- Also questioned if payroll taxes should be withheld—does CalFire treat
- Operators as independent contractors?
Item 5) Chiefs Report: (Chief Webb absent, update by GM Poggi and Captain Drexel))
- SCBA’s – pending – table for May meeting
- Revised ISO rating—now 5Y—tabled for May meeting for explanation by Chief Webb
- California Fire Assistance Agreement (CFAA)—tabled for May
D) Credit Cards for CalFire—tabled for May
Item 6) Volunteer’s Report—David Lopez reported that the previous Saturday, volunteers from
our District trained with the other foothill district pumping water out of ditches (off Kibbe
Road) and shuttling to engines (then released back into the ditches. Training went well,
pumping time 4 ½ minutes to fill; 4 minutes to empty, but 30 minutes turnaround due to
distance. Photos and video were made of the training exercise.
Item 7) General Manager’s Report
- Discussed mowing district’s property on Marysville Road, as grass is nearly waist high
- in areas. GM Poggi has not been successful in locating a company that can mow the
property and has acceptable insurance coverage. Chairperson Kattuah to inquire into
a company that rents sheep/goats to eat down the grasses and weeds. Possibly look
into spraying early next spring to prevent this issue.
Item 8) Station #63 update: GM Poggi informed the Board that the original Condition Use Permit
(CUP) can be used, per Yuba County Planning Department. The site will be zoned as a public facility. They no longer provide lists of engineers to the public. Next step is to talk to the Building Department about requirements. GM Poggi also to talk to legal counsel regarding architects, as the plans will need to be revised. Are we required to go out to bid again or can we use the original architect?
Item 9) Board and Staff Members’ Reports—Director Biggs reported at the March JPA meeting that the MOU for dispatch with the County was discussed. The MOU had been signed by our District, Dobbins/Oregon House, and Camptonville. Foothill Fire will discuss it at their next board meeting; and Smartsville said they had not received the document.
Adjourned 8:11 p.m.
Kim Biggs – District Vice-Chairperson