Loma Rica /

   Browns Valley

        Fire Department

HOME

MEETINGS

AGENDAS

MINUTES

 

ALL THINGS FINANCIAL

BUDGET

5 YR PLAN

STATE FEE

LOMA RICA STATION #61

11485 LOMA RICA ROAD

BROWNS VALLEY STATION #62

9471 BROWNS VALLEY SCHOOL RD.

CONTACT US
Loma Rica / Browns Valley Community Services District
Regular Meeting:  October 17, 2016
 
 

APPROVED  MINUTES

 
 
Item 1) Meeting Call To Order:
 
A) Roll Call:   Present:  Biggs, Kattuah, Kinkle, S. Poggi,  (Vacant Position)
 
Item 2) Public Communications:  None
 
Item 3) Closed Session – Personnel
 
 
  • Chairperson Kattuah closed the session at 7:03pm to discuss the open position of District Director Interim Position
  •  
     
  • Chairperson Kattuah reopened the session at 7:34pm to announce the Board’s decision to appoint Steve Duckels to the open District Director Interim Position
  •  
    Item 4) Approve Minutes of the September 19, 2016 meeting
     
     
  • It was noted that the following corrections be made to the Minutes in Item 4 A) iii:
  •  
    Item 12 should read “a Motion was made by Director Kinkle for the District to pay up to a maximum of $200 for 2 shirts and (any combination of long or short sleeved), 2 pair of pants, a belt and a cap.”  Motion seconded by Birney;  Roll call voice vote:  Birney, Kattuah, Kinkle—Aye; Biggs, Poggi—Absent.
                         Motion Passed
                         Verbage for the operations manual tabled
     
     
  • Motion to Approve Minutes with corrections as noted above:  Poggi
  • Kinkle
  • Motion Passed
     
    Item 5) Accounting
     
     
  • Finances—Financials not received from Accountant Brooks.
  •  
     
  • Warrants—no discussion.
  •  
    Item 6) Chief’s Report—Captain Drexel informed the Board Chief Webb is reviewing the Operations Manual and has found minor changes to bring to the Board’s attention , including verbage for the uniform policy.  Captain Drexel also stated that CalFire is starting to consider winter staffing for the Amador Contract period.
     
    Item 7) Volunteer’s Report—Leno reported we took second place at the Lion’s Club Chili Cook-Off in a multi-agency effort with CalFire.  Volunteer Birney to reserve a spot at the Halloween Festival (Trick or Treat Street) at the Lion’s Club.  Request GM Poggi to purchase candy and a pumpkin.
     
    Item 8) BBQ for Volunteers to be permanently rescheduled to a spring date due to fall fire activity.
     
    Item 9) General Manager’s Report—N/A
     
    Item 10) Station #63—the first review of the plans was submitted to the County (the County has contracted with the engineering firm of Interwest Consulting Group) and they had issues with the following:
     
     
  • County requires 125’ turning radius, or a written letter from Chief Webb to state that he finds the original turning radius acceptable
  • The holding tank must be 33,000; the station must have an automatic fire suppression system (fire sprinklers)
  • A back-up generator is required due to the fire sprinklers
  • Mike at GRA will deal with the issues listed above
     
     
  • The County wants engineered plans for the pre-constructed metal building prior to going out to bid—Mike at GRA will submit the plans from the previous design
  •  
    Item 11) Discuss and Approve Alternate Septic System, Orenco Advantex
     
     
  • This system takes up less space
  • A maintenance contract is required with a licensed septic professional; an annual fee must be paid to the County with an annual inspection
  • The County will not allow us to proceed on the plans until we have determined which septic system will be used
  • Motion to Accept the alternate septic system, Orenco Systems, Inc. AdvanTex Treatment System AX-RT, as proposed by the engineers:  Kinkle
  • Poggi
  •                 Roll call voice vote:  Biggs, Kattuah, Kinkle, Poggi—Aye
     
    Item 12) Re-address the Request from Hallwood to be included in our Amador Contract and                discuss fees—tabled for November for information from Chief Webb  
     
    Item 13) Board and Staff Members’ Reports:  Director Biggs reported Smartsville stated they are working on the MOU for dispatch; the next JPA meeting will be December 14, 2016 at Foothill Fire in Brownsville.  Director Poggi announced he has redesigned the assessment program to be mostly automatic.
     
     
     
    Adjourned 8:15 p.m.
     
     
    Respectfully Submitted:
    Kim Biggs – District Vice-Chairperson