Item 1) Meeting Call To Order:
A) Roll Call: Present: Biggs, Birney, Kattuah, Kinkle, S. Poggi
Item 2) Public Communications: None
Item 3) Approve resignation of District Board Member Justin Birney (note that Item 3 was postponed until after completion of Item 4 below)
- Motion to Accept the resignation of Board Member Birney: Kinkle
- Second: Poggi
Item 4) Approve Minutes of the August 15, 2016 meeting (note that Item 4 was completed before Item 3 was introduced for discussion)
- It was noted that the following corrections be made to the Minutes:
- the Date on the Minutes should be August 15, 2016;
- Item 2 typo should be corrected to Public;
- Item 12 should read “a Motion was made by Director Kinkle for the District to pay up to a maximum of $200 for 2 shirts and (any combination of long or short sleeved), 2 pair of pants, a belt and and cap.” Motion seconded by Birney; Roll call voice vote: Birney, Kattuah, Kinkle—Aye; Biggs, Poggi—Absent.
- Motion Passed
Verbage for the operations manual tabled until the September meeting
- Motion to Approve Minutes with corrections as noted above: Birney
- Birney, Kattuah, Kinkle,
- Biggs, Poggi
Item 5) Accounting
- Finances—Financials not received from Accountant Brooks.
- Warrants—no discussion.
Item 6) Chief’s Report—Chief Steve Robinson informed the Board that two of the engines had been rented out, but have been returned. He also stated that Chief Webb is looking into a new mechanic from Grass Valley for engine repairs. Captain Travis Bowersox was introduced as the second Captain at the Bi-Agency station—he is currently at the Dobbins Station, but will be here after fire season ends.
Item 7) Discuss and Approve uniform purchase—see Item 4 above—previously approved. Additional discussion: it was noted that both TJ Norths and Action Uniform will bill the District—personnel must have a letter of authorization for the $200 maximum purchase. Any overage must be paid by the Volunteer. Sewing of patches and hemming of pants is included. Verbage is still needed for the Operations Manual and should include a minimum service standard before being eligible, as well as a check in/return policy, as all uniforms must be returned at the end of service.
Item 8) Volunteer’s Report—Leno reported the Volunteers recently attended a class in Arbuckle—he is urging all Volunteers to attend more training. There were questions about the Volunteers entering the Veterans Day Parade and the Marysville Christmas Parade.
Item 9) General Manager’s Report—GM Poggi stated notices will be placed in the Territorial Dispatch and the Appeal Democrat for the Board vacancy, also on the District’s website and posters will be placed at locations in the District.
Item 10) Discuss and Approve October 22, 2016 for Volunteers BBQ
- Motion to hold the Volunteer Appreciation BBQ on October 22nd: Kinkle
- Second: Poggi
Item 11) Discuss and Approve Not to Exceed Cost for Volunteers BBQ
- Motion to Approve the cost for the Volunteers BBQ not to exceed $500: Poggi
- Roll call voice vote: Biggs, Kattuah, Kinkle, Poggi—Aye
Item 12) Station #63
- Plans turned in to building department September 7th; two week turn around time cited will be September 21st.
- GM Poggi is waiting to hear back from District 5 County Supervisor Randy Fletcher about negotiating waivers/discounts of permit fees.
Item 13) Board and Staff Members’ Reports: Director Biggs reported that the next JPA meeting will be held Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 7pm at the Smartsville station.
Adjourned 7:48 p.m.
Kim Biggs – District Vice-Chairperson