Meeting called to order at 7:04 P.M. January 16, 2017
PLEDGE OF ALLEGENCE
- ROLL CALL:
Present: Chairperson Kattuah, Director Kinkle, Director Duckels, Director Poggi
Absent: Vice Chairperson Biggs
2. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: None
- Station #63 UPDATE WITH GRA ARCHITECT MIKE BUSCHOW:
- The County has outsourced plan review to Interwest Engineering
- The County will not allow submission of pre-printed engineered document calculations as drawn in packet and is requiring a fully engineered metal building design. Architect Buschow contacted building manufacturer Modern to obtain the necessary plans.
- County requirement for fire sprinkler system will require a 33,000 gallon water holding tank, pump, alarm, backup generator (including enclosures) and underground specifications
- The County is requiring the District to employ an inspector of record for the project.
- The Board informed Buschow that the “hydrant” indicated by the County as a municipal water supply was in reality a BVID stand pipe and seasonal in nature. Buschow will notify the County and have the various requirements related to this item removed from the plans.
- 54957 (B) (4) CLOSED SESSION REGARDING ACCOUNTING PERSONELL:
- Closed Session
- Reopen Public Meeting
- No Action Taken
- (MOVED ITEM 7 TO ITEM 5) DISCUSS AND VOTE: REQUEST FROM HALLWOOD CSD TO CONSIDER PROVIDING FIRE AND EMERGENCY SERVICES TO THEIR DISTRICT. Jeremy Damon
- Mr. Damon indicated that there had been no further communications between Hallwood and Marysville regarding the upcoming contract costs.
- Hallwood continues to be interested in obtaining protection through Loma Rica/Browns Valley CSD
- Discussed possibly dividing protection sectors between Marysville and Loma Rica/Browns Valley
Chairperson Kattuah requested this item be tabled to Februarys’ meeting when Chief Webb is scheduled to return
- (MOVED ITEM 5 TO ITEM 6) APPROVED MINUTES: NOVEMBER 21, 2016
Motion to approve Minutes of November 21, 2016: Kinkle,
Motion passed unanimously
- FINANCES: Accountant Brooks suggests moving construction funds quarterly from account 6540 to the General Fund to cover Station 63 planning costs.
WARRANTS: No Discussion
- CHIEF’S REPORT: (CAPTAIN TRAVIS BOWERSOX):
- Engine 62 is out of service and at Station #62, won’t build pressure past 30 pounds
- Engine 61B is in Sacramento for repairs
- Captain Bowersox will be pulled from accounting to do fire inspections and updating pre fire plans
- Cal Fire instituting Microsoft VIZIO, a new program for the pre fire plans containing lots of beneficial information
- New dispatching frequencies have been instituted, clearing a lot of radio traffic
- Chief Webb has a new mechanic out of Grass Valley he wants to try
- DISCUSS AND APPROVE: Additional $900.00 to augment the 2016/2017 Grant for radios
Motions to approve additional $900.00 to augment the 2016/2017 Grant for radios Poggi:
Roll Call Voice Vote: Duckels, Kattuah, Kinkle, Poggi – Aye
Biggs – Absent
- DISCUSS AND APPROVE: Operations Manual
Motion to approve the plan as written: Kinkle,
Motion Passed Unanimously
- VOLUNTEER’S REPORT:
- Now have 6 volunteers and one potential volunteer
- Captain Rouse is implementing a plan to make sure all volunteers have all their training done within 2 months.
- Updating training procedures helps comply with OSHA requirements
- BBQ for April – will consider at February meeting
- Christmas celebration – will consider later in the year
12. GENERAL MANAGERS REPORT:
- Gas miles rate for 2017 is 53.5 cents per mile, down from .54 cents per mile
- BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS’S REPORTS:
In Kim’s absence, Les reported on latest JPA meeting.
- Per Captain Bowersox, Station 60 is open this winter. Benefits Loma Rica for coverage needed, like grocery shopping or running equipment around. Also helps with medical and vehicle accidents.
- Wood chipping program will expire in March. Still have funds available.
- Re: MOU, Smartsville attorney has questions as to who is and who is not responsible.
- Smartsville brought in a private contractor who found errors at the repeater site. The JPA did not authorize the private contractor.
- DISCUSS AND APPROVE: Letter of support for Camptonville Community Partnership’s Application to the USDA Forest Service, Wood Education and Resource Center 2017 Wood Innovations Grant program.
Motion passed unanimously
MEETING ADJOURNED 9.01 P.M.
Jacqueline Poggi, General Manager